Thursday, November 10, 2011

A failed attempt at American cuisine

So I have never made baked mac n cheese in my life. I think I have found the reason, more so an excuse as to why I have never tried. A large amount of butter, milk, pasta and cheese- heart clogging premature death menu.


After a semi-failed attempt at hiking today. Not even sure as to how that happened.. First, we don't know where to hike. Second, We didn't know how to get there. Third, once we got there, where the entrance to the trail was so we ran after a runner, realized there are cars and saw a lady go on the trail with her dog and followed her in a non-creepy fashion. Casual and cool.  I thought we were gonna have a nice ocean view. Yah, no that didn't happen. Just dry California mini mountains and doggie poo here and there.  In total, "our hike" was about 3 miles, we turned around and went to Jamba Juice and the SPCA.


Back to me being "American"


My friend wanted mac n cheese and picked up a Kraft Mac n Cheese box. I cringe at the color of neon orange and extra skinny pasta. I suggested, baking one since we had nothing else better to do. We had to break in her kitchen somehow. At the store I was looking at elbow pasta while she kept insisting on getting a fancy twirly bag of Target Archer brand thing. We get to the cash register and she goes "You didn't get the pasta!" "You didn't want elbow pasta!" "Ah, whatever we can use this Kraft box"


Big mistake. Not a baking pasta let alone an eating pasta.


We mix the butter and flour, add salt, eventually some milk. Whisk.  Whisk. Cheese. Boiled pasta. Bake at 375F for 20 min. No breadcrumb topping but probably not going to make a difference. That shit was NAASTY. eww.

The pasta was all soggy and soft..Pasty..kind of cheesy. This is probably good for after a late night out and you're drunk hungry.  

I'm not Mexican but I can make a decent batch of Mexican rice and beans. Mac n Cheese, add that to the failed attempt of American Cuisine #1. I probably can't make meatloaf either since I don't like meat and a block of meat is eww. 

Lesson from this failed attempt: Do not follow a pasta box recipe for Mac n Cheese.  Do not make Mac n Cheese. Stick to Japanese food.

No comments:

Post a Comment